Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Review of my Spa Day at the Kingsley



There has been an infectious buzz around Cork since the re-opening of The Kingsley Hotel & Spa and I wanted in on it! I was delighted when the spa were offering "Bring a friend for free"! I love spa days and think it is so important to treat yourself every now and then...why not! It was my  friend Danielles birthday so we decided to go all out and book ourselves in for a day in the spa! Both of us booked in for the Relax Stone Therapy for 90 minutes-usually €120 per person. We were told to come at least an hour beforehand to use the spa facilities.....I could not wait!!


  


After being greeted by a super friendly receptionist, we were shown through to the dressing rooms where we got changed into lovely fluffy spa dressing gowns and slippers :) The reception area is very welcoming and zen, we felt relaxed already!





The spa facilities are fabulous...with an array of saunas and steam rooms! We spent and hour enjoying the laconium, turkish bath and heated loungers- to name but a few! Initially , I was a small but disappointed that there wasn't a spa pool with massage jets but the jacuzzi and range of heated rooms made up for it! We were glad that we decided to come in an hour before our treatment to use the facilities, it really eases you into relaxation mode and certainly adds to the whole spa day! The heated loungers were my favorite- I could have spent hours relaxing on them!







The hour flew by and before we knew it we were called for our treatments! My therapist, Amy, brought me up to the treatment area and showed me through to the treatment room. I asked her to concentrate on my shoulders as i feel like I'm always tense there! I've had hot stone massages before and being a therapist myself, I am very critical when it comes to the quality of the treatment, but I must say, this hot stone massage was one of the best I have ever experienced. Amy has such a relaxing yet professional vibe about her, and was so attentive, she ensured that I was comfortable with the pressure of the massage throughout the treatment.  This 90-minute massage was exactly what I needed-I felt totally relaxed afterwards and my shoulders felt a million times looser! The eucalyptus oil that Amy used during my treatment was gorgeous- I didn't want it to end lol! After my treatment, Amy brought me to the relaxation area and gave me refreshments to enjoy! The relaxation area is actually in the middle of the treatment area- an unusual placement but It totally works! The dim lighting and comfy beds made it feel so cozy!




Both myself and Danielle thoroughly enjoyed our day at the Kingsley Spa! We are already planning our return! lol! Check out their website for special offers....http://www.thekingsley.ie/

No comments:

Post a Comment