Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Skin Rejuvenation Treatment at the Cork Laser Care Clinic

Hello All,


As everyone knows, I am obsessed with skin care products and treatments, I am always on the look out for the newest treatment and the finest ingredients! I cannot express how important it is to look after your skin, this includes using the correct products at home and professional treatments! Remember you wouldn't brush your teeth everyday yet never go to the dentist?! Professional treatments can make a huge difference to your skin!

With my wedding being next year, I am really concentrating on my skin care and treating my skin now! Using Image skin care products at home and getting microdermabrasion treatments is certainly making a difference to my skin but I wanted to take my skincare that step further so on Tuesday, I made an appointment for the  Cork Laser Care clinic on Penrose quay!.




The clinic is in a private area, located on the first floor of Penrose House- Just across the quay from Jurys Inn! With parking right beside the building, its perfect if you are just going to the city for a treatment and want to be on your way afterwards!





I was greeted by the lovely Gerri-who owns the clinic, she welcomed me into one of her private treatment rooms to start the skin consultation. After an in-depth skin consultation and analysis, Gerri decided that Skin Rejuvenation would be the perfect treatment for me!! I have never worked with this treatment, nor had it before so I was intrigued!

The Below pictures are of myself make up free. I took these on the morning of my appointment so I can document my progress ( for myself and for you guys! ) My skin concerns are the following:


  • Slight pigmentation across the cheek and under eye area!
  • Excess oil on my T-zone
  • Fine lines and wrinkles around my eyes! ( booooo )
  • Open and enlarged pores





What is Skin/Photo Rejuvenation and is it suitable for me?

Skin/photo rejuvenation is a non-invasive laser treatment which works in a specific and precise way to target skin concerns. It is one of the most innovative skin treatment on the market today. If any of the following skin concerns are affecting you, then Skin or Photo Rejuvenation is the treatment for you! It works on...

  • Pigmentation
  • sun damage and sun spots
  • Spider veins and capillaries
  • Acne and acne scarring
  • enlarged pores
  • Excess oil production  
  • lack of elasticity
  • fine lines and wrinkles

In order to rectify any of the above skin concerns, we need to work on the deeper levels of the skin! Even though a cosmeceutical product such as Image can do this, sometimes a more intense/precise treatment is needed and thats where the skin experts come in!

Gerri did a mixture of both photo rejuvenation ( for the pigmentation and fine lines/wrinkles) and skin rejuvenation ( for my open pores, congestion and oily t-zone.


What did the treatment feel like??  

After Gerri removed my make up, she applied a layer of cool gel to my face and neck. I also wore goggles during my appointment to protect my eyes! The flash of the laser light is quite bright but after a few flashes, I was used to it. As for the sensation, It is absolutely nothing to be worried about! Its just like a quick blast of heat...easy peasy!  After the treatment, Gerri removed the gel and applied an S.P.F creme to my face and neck. My skin felt amazingly fresh and clean!


Is there down time?

Here is the mind boggling bit....I was expecting my skin to be very red after my treatment but it wasn't at all!! It was a teeny bit red, but not very noticeable! You could literally get this treatment during your break time from work and no one would know! :-)

Below are pictures of me immediately after my treatment!!







As a beauty therapist I am often asked about skin care products and treatments. When my skin is looking good, it makes a huge difference to my confidence and mood! I am really looking forward to continuing my skin treatment at Cork Laser Care clinic and will share my experiences and results with everyone!

Gerri offers an in- depth skin analysis for free! Her clinic offers a huge range of treatments from Image peels, microdermabrasion to rejuvenation! Everyones skin and skin concerns are so different so very rarely would one type of skin treatment be enough. The therapist at the clinic will devise a personalised skin programme for you and guide you at every step on the way to fresh flawless skin! Visit her website here : http://www.corklasercare.ie/

Gone are the days that you need to be down about your skin! Even if you are an 18 year old girl or boy and are struggling with you skin, there is a treatment there for you!

Like always, please email me either on facebook or at porcelain.lady@yahoo.com if ye have any questions!

:-) xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dear riders i have something special for you http://www.getldi.com/ here you can get all you need about skin rejuvenation.

    ReplyDelete