Search This Blog

Monday 18 August 2014

Pale Foundation Review: MAC full coverage

Hello All,

I've had MAC full coverage foundation for quite some time now .... we have a love/hate relationship so I decided to do a little blog post about it!





My lovely friend Shelley http://cookingupbeauty.blogspot.ie/ ( a fellow Cork Blogger! )  purchased mine for me in Dublin, Brown Thomas to be exact! I'm shade NC15- which seems to be an almost perfect match! I do use MAC studio fix foundation too and weirdly enough I find NC15 waaaay too yellow and dark, somehow it works for me in the full coverage foundation!

I apply mine using a damp beauty blender :)  http://www.beautybay.com/accessories/beautyblender/sponge/ I have applied it with a few foundation brushes before but I find it much easier to blend out using the damp sponge! This foundation covers anything and everything!! no need for a concealer with this baby!! I have combination skin, oily T-zone and normal everywhere else! The texture of this foundation is quite thick and creamy- it took some time for me to get used to! It has no SPF which is both a pro and con- it does picture well ( you don't get that white flash back! ) but for days that I wont be infront of a camera ( lol most days? ) I rather an SPF-being so pale n all I have to be uber careful!

The picture below is of me with just the foundation on in front of an open window during the day.....


My skin is kind of behaving lately but i LOVE the finish that this foundation gives. When i first got it, I found that it was seeping into every pore on my face but with the lovely Benefit Porefessional- that problem is solved. The below picture is of me after I had finished my make up- no setting powder just blush, highlight and a crap loada eyeshadow!! ;)



Never Mind the manky mess in the background!! Below are a few pics in a more natural daylight setting! 









I feel that when I'm having a more normal to dry skin day rather than an oily skin day, this foundation lasts for the day! When Im oily, I hate it- even with a primer and blotting paper!




Era, to sum it up..............

PROS

  • Unreal Coverage
  • Great shade for us pale ladies!
  • Photographs very nicely!
  • Lasting power is great ( not when im oily tho ) 

CONS

  • No SPF!
  • Annoyingly creamy/greasy when I'm having an oily day! 
  • Even with the beauty blender, it takes a little elbow grease to blend!
  • A biotch to cleanse off..!!!! 

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment