Search This Blog

Friday 15 August 2014

Wedding Dress Shopping- My experince

Hello Folks!

 For those who don't know me personally I'm currently planning my wedding for next July and lovin' every second of it! Obviously the second I had that ring on me finger I was pinning wedding dresses galore to my secret board on Pinterest! ;) After multiple episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" on youtube, I bit the bullet and booked a few appointments to try on dresses....yey!!




I did find the thought of wedding dress shopping a small bit overwhelming but in actual fact it was quite exciting! My sister, who worked as a consultant in a bridal shop a few years ago, came with me along with my mum :)

I did think I would go to every single bridal shop in Ireland and even had plans to go to london (?!?!?!?) to get the dress LOL! My pinterest board was full of gowns that I could imagine myself in. I just went to just 3 shops in the end, any more was unnecessary as I fell in love with a dress I tried on in the 2nd Shop.

 I loved the whole experience but what happens on "Say Yes to The dress" is a far cry from what happens in reality....no champagne, no dramatic tears, no tantrums .... in fact when my mum saw me in the dress she literally said " Ya girl thats the one, You're a  feckin' bride ride in it!!" hahaha!! She's a legend! Also, I found it quite surprising how cheap looking some materials are in real life- remember that bridal gowns are heavily photoshopped online! I remember trying on a particular dress that I had developed an obsession with, it was ALOT of money but it didn't look it-at all! It's amazing what a bit of airbrushing can do!!



I thought I'd point out a few things though for any of my readers that are engaged and are starting the whole dress process....

  • Bring someone blunt- mega blunt!!
  • Bring a strapless bra, and god dammit not a black one!
  • Bring heels-think of the amount of feet that have been in those heels that the shop provides in the dress room.....maaannnnk!
  • Bring an open mind..! try on EVERYTHING! 
  • Try on all different shapes and colours- even if you think you know what suits you!!
  • Relax and enjoy it!!! 



It is nice to your research beforehand but I wouldn't dwell on it. I remember reading one blog and one of the things they said to remember is what type and theme of a wedding you are having!! ....wait...what? I have to have a theme?!?! Lets be blunt here, a wedding is a wedding...be it in a barn, a cathedral, a hotel, a mosque or a feckin' castle, you wear what you feel savage in...end of!! lol! 

I'm currently on the hunt for bridesmaids dresses now, so if anyone has any advice feel free to mail me either on facebook or porcelain.lady@yahoo.com

Talk to ye soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment