Search This Blog

Monday 14 July 2014

Microdermabrasion Review!

Hello all! :)

Last week I had a microdermabrasion facial with Sandra in the Kinsale Salon, sure why not!! :) http://www.kinsalebeautysalon.com/ Its in the heart of Kinsale, just opposite "The Blue Haven". Check out their website :) Can't recommend these guys highly enough!







 What is Microdermabrasion??

If anyone is looking for a deep pore cleansing facial then this is the one for you!
I would recommend Microderm for all skin types, although if you have multiple broken capillaries, it is probably best to avoid it!Sterile diamond heads are used to remove the dead skin cells while a suction action extracts dirt from pores! As a therapist myself, I've experienced many a facial, but I must say microdermabrasion is the only facial that works for me.....and my manky blackheads!! yuck! It is a deeper facial treatment than the norm but does not hurt in anyway! Below is a picture of the different heads used during a microderm treatment. A course of microdermabrasion is best....but see how you feel after your first one :)


Crystal v Diamond Microdermabrasion

There are 2 types of microderm...crystal and diamond! In the last 10 years, Diamond microdermabrasion has become very popular as opposed to crystal. In a nut shell....diamonds are harder than crystal and therefore promotes much deeper exfoliation, also during a treatment of crystal microderm particles from the cyrstal can break off the actual wand and deposit onto the skin and you run the risk of swallowing it! -eh no thank you!  There are many articles arguing that ingestion of crystals is "safe" but in the past few years it is a controversy in the medical community so dont take the risk! Be sure to ask your salon that it is a crystal free microderm!


 Now for the review......

The facial was €50 and was 75minutes!! The salon were doing a special offer at the time which meant I had my brows tinted and shaped and eyelashes tinted all included in the price! Amazeballs I know! The cheap price certainly doesn't reflect the treatment, the salon just  believe you shouldn't have to buy sky high prices to get top notch beauty treatment, damn right ladies!! :) You would pay at least €90 for the exact same treatment in Cork City!! Off I went to kinsale anywho, I found a free car park just behind "Crackpots" and found the salon pretty easy. Sandra, one of the owners of the salon, was my facial therapist. She was very professional and examined my skin in all its glory once she had removed my make up! After thoroughly cleansing my skin she started the microdermabrasion treatment.

The sensation on the skin when Sandra was doing the microderm was quite satisfying! The easiest way to describe microderm is that its like a teeny tiny hoover for your pores, sucks out the bad stuff and exfoliates the dead skin away. The facial also included a gorgeous massage, extractions, masque and  hand & arm massage...bliss :)



Below are a few pointers on the benefits  Microdermabrasion.....!!

  • Deep pore exfoliation!- yes please :)
  • Removal of stubborn blocked pores!!! 
  • Accelerated cell turnover.....new cells = fresh glowing skin!
  • Because its a deep facial treatment there is an increased blood flow to the dermis= more food for fibroblasts ( guys who make collagen ) therefore anti-aging
  • Excellent for superficial acne scaring-probably one of the best treatments actually out there! ( in my opinion )
  • Beneficial for hyper-pigmentation
Results.....

Since my microderm last week, I have defiantly noticed a difference in my skin- it is radiant, smoother and my complexion is clearer. I have booked in with Sandra again for 4 weeks time....Looking forward to it already!

If you want to truly see an improvement to your skin, then go for a deeper facial than a regular facial. I would highly highly recommend this salon, why not pop in for a consultation and take it from there! The way I look at it is I wouldn't think twice about spending more than €50 on a pair of shoes so why not spend it on your face?

If any of ye go for it, let me know how ye get on!










No comments:

Post a Comment