Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 May 2015

Laser Hair Removal at Cork Laser Care

It has been so long since I sat down and blogged....my wedding is only around the corner so I've been super busy getting the last bits and pieces organised :)

Im mega excited!! eeekkk!!! 

I have wanted to get laser hair removal on my legs and bikini area for as long as I can remember but always chickened out for some reason!! I bit the bullet last week and made an appointment with Olive in Cork Laser Care, you can check out their website here. .......I was mega nervous going into her but what a drama queen I was-nothing to be nervous of and was so happy that I finally got it done- Why didn't I get it sooner?!?!



Olive had such a calm and professional manner that I was relaxed within the first 2 minutes of being greeted by her! She carefully explained how the treatment works, what I was going to feel and to make myself comfortable on the treatment bed. I would really love to meet the person who described laser as being like an elastic band hitting off your skin- its no where near that dramatic!!

I was a bit nervous though before going in- I suppose of the unknown.... ( I have my underarm area done already but this was my first time getting legs and bikini done.!) Looking back now, I am morto at how nervous I was- absolutely no need!! I actually find waxing more painful.  Olive is an excellent therapist with flawless technique! She is a perfectionist and made sure I was comfortable throughout the whole treatment. The sensation is more like a hot prickly feeling which only lasts a split second.
Olive advised me to avoid any hot showers, steam rooms, saunas etc for 48 hours and to exfoliate the areas after 5-7 days post treatment!

I am excited to see the results, and weirdly enough I'm actually excited and looking forward to my next treatment- at least I now know not to be scared and just to chillax!!! Olive explained that after one treatment of laser the hair will become softer and reduces. I haven't shaved at all since my treatment and I can already see the hairs not growing back at all in some areas :)

Cork Laser Care provide easy payment plans so you don't have to pay in one sum at all- you can pay per treatment and with a few weeks inbetween your treatments it works out so manageable ! I would highly recommend it- I literally cant wait to through out my razors and wax pots!! The laser treatment is also very safe to do during summer- just remember to wear sunscreen post treatment and you can shave the area in between treatments!  :)

If you are unsure whether or not you are suitable for the treatment, just pop into the girls in Cork laser care clinic and they will advice you right there and then!!

My only regret is why I didnt do it sooner !! :)


Niamh xx




No comments:

Post a Comment