Search This Blog

Thursday 1 October 2015

Our wedding Day! :)

 Hi guys,

Its been so long since I've sat down and blogged properly.  As some of ye may know, I married my best friend and boyfriend of 9 years on July 24th this year! Best day of my life is an understatement- I really enjoyed the planning and every second of our wedding day.

I apologize in advance for the millions of pics in this post..........lol ;)



 I just want to say thank you so much for all the love,support and good wishes and congrats mails I got from fellow bloggers - what a great community we have! :)

Ok ok...enough rambling, lets get straight into it........... :P




We knew straight away that we wanted to get married in Killarney- its such a stunning scenic place with amazing character. Choosing our venue was pretty easy too- The brehon hotel was our first preference, anytime we go to killarney we always stay in this hotel! :) Top notch service and in a beautiful location close to the stunning Killarney National Park!

Once we set the date, booked our hotel and band everything else started to fall in place. I knew exactly the style of wedding I wanted- Im not one of these girls that were dreaming about their wedding day when I was little but as soon as I was engaged I just knew the look I wanted to go for!! :)

Dress shopping was a laugh, even though I found it a small but overwhelming at the start but once I relaxed into it, i really loved it!

For my ceremony dress.......yup I had 2 wedding dresses ( why not! hehe ) I went for  quite a formal ivory lace dress with a full tulle skirt and cathedral length train.- I absolutely loved it!! I only decided a few weeks before my wedding to wear a veil and I'm so glad I did- It just finished off the whole look ! I felt a million dollars in this dress :) I bought this dress in memories bridal boutique cork - highly recommend this boutique-the staff were so friendly and professional- they knew exactly what would suit me almost the second I walked in!


Annette O' Neill working her magic- We all loved our make up- didn't budge for the whole day and night. I actually didnt  touch it up at all- just the lippy! Annette was great the morning of the wedding, put us all at ease with her calming nature. Pat O' Neill was our hair stylist.....what a laugh he was! Had us all laughing and made us feel like royalty :)








I always wanted two totally different bridesmaid dresses- I got the girls dresses in  Divine gowns in Kinsale.  I thought the two colors complimented each other beautifully :) super pretty !!








For my reception dress, I went for a 1950's style short blush pink dress. This made me feel like a princess and was so comfortable to dance (irish dancing included) the night away in!! I changed into sparkly flat ballet pumps to complete the look- aaaand to be extra comfy lol! Damn those jimmy choos! ;) I bought this dress in FG bridal couture in midleton- The second I tried it on I knew it was the perfect party dress for my reception- they have a fab selection of dresses there and again the service was super friendly and professional. Definately worth a visit ladies. Thank you so much for my uncle tom who captured some fabulous shots of my reception dress :)  Tom was my second photographer for the day and night and was so professional I didn't even know he was taking so many shots!! :)












As for the details ......I  wanted to be as creative as i could be and personalise as many things as i could for our wedding day! I found pinterest, instagram and etsy great for inspiration. I must say, I really enjoyed the planning and have even have  kept my wedding  planning folder LOL - a teeny bit sad I know!! We made our own table plan- I can do a blog post on this if ye would like and bought alot of bits and pieces either in penneys or etsy.


I bought this "Cath Kidston" inspired material for the display table outside our ceremony room and also for our table plan board from  etsy! Love it so much!! :) 






Super Lucky that one of my bridesmaids is a very talented baker :) Yuummy!!! The wicker heart fairy lights are from penneys ! :)





Our flowers were mostly silk- I have dire hayfever so puffy eyes and a million sneezes was something I wanted to avoid on my wedding day- I absoultely LOVED our flowers and would highly recommend our florists- Tie The Knot Weddings I remember speaking with Danielle about my vision and ideas and she was on board from day one- she knew exactly what I wanted and didn't fail to deliver. Our ceremony and reception room looked stunning! Flowers can make a huge difference to the style of a wedding so I wanted to take my time in choosing what I wanted! :)











We  hired a magician for our reception!! He was AMANZING!! Our guests are still talking about him....man in questions is Gerard Keane. We wanted to fill the void between the desserts and the band and he did just that!! I always thought magicians were a bit cheesy but Gerard really blew us away- he had us all gobsmacked and in awe! He allowed our guests to interact with one another and had everyone laughing even before the drinks were properly flowing- great idea for weddings,birthdays and any other celebration :) Check out his website here!!



I always wanted a photobooth at my wedding so I was delighted when I came across Perfect Photobooth in Ennis, Co Clare. Alot of companies are charging an arm and a leg for hiring photobooths but these guys gave us a great deal which included props, a few hours of fun and a story book!! What an absolute laugh- we have great pictures ( and drunken pictures ) of all of our guests!






A huge thank you to our photographer Mícheál O' Sullivan who captured so many details and fabulous shots throughout the day- Super efficient,friendly and professional- exactly what you want in a wedding photographer! We felt so at ease when we first met Míchéal but it was his passion for photography and his absolute love for Killarney that won us over! :)


Really hope ye enjoyed this post :) Any questions please e-mail me at ninijackson@yahoo.co.uk.




:) xxx


Venue: The Brehon Hotel Click Here
Ceremony Dress and Veil: Memories Bridal Boutique Click Here
Reception Dress: FG bridal boutique Click Here
Shoes: Jimmy choo @Brown Thomas
Dress Alterations for reception dress: Annette Mansfield Midleton.
Hair: Pat O Neil- The Brehon Click Here
Make up: Annette O' Brien Click Here
Cake: Danielle Dubois ( bridesmaid )
Grooms Suit: Savilles
Best man, groomsman, fathers suits: Morleys
Flowers: Tie the knot weddings Click Here
Band: The Pearls
Photographer: Mícheál O' Sullivan Click Here
Bridesmaids Dresses: Divine Dresses Kinsale Click Here














2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, such gorgeous photos! Thank you so much for sharing these, they made me smile =) x x x You both look so happy! <3

    Following on bloglovin' <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete